Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nike rider Trevor Jacob: It's not work it's fun to me, pure fun.



Trevor Jacob is an emerging rider from the States. He is one of the new school. With solid backing from Nike and Forum this snowboarder has the potential for a great career & fun times in the future.

Where are you from? and where have you historically done most of your snowboarding ?

I'm from Malibu, CA. I grew there and my family and I would drive up to Mammoth every weekend until I was 8 or 9. My dad wanted to build a home up there for us to have for vacation. He was planning on moving up to build that. I told him I wanted to move with him so I could snowboard more. My mom and brother stayed in Malibu because my brother didn't want to move. I lived in Mammoth for a year before my whole family decided to move to Mammoth.

What part of snowboarding gives you the most enjoyment?

Riding powder, hitting what I want to hit in my own way, going big off natural jumps, and finding the most creative line.

What comps, if any, are will you be hitting up this year?

I'm doing the Grand Prix, the Dew Tours, the US Open, The WCI which is the west coast invitational in Mammoth, and a couple more here and there.

What filming projects have you been involved with, or are going to be part of?

I have been making a video with me and my friends called GKC I'm not really sure when it will be done but it's getting there! And also the Mammoth video that will be getting sent out in next seasons Snowboarder Magazine as a free video.

Which riders are pushing progression in snowboarding at the moment and why?

Luke Mitrani, and Travis Rice are for sure pushing it right now.

Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years from now?


Snowboarding, snowmobiling, BMXing. basejumping, skateboarding and doing all the other things I love.

What advice would you give to groms wanting to make snowboarding a 'job'?

Do what you love. It's about who's having the most fun. Meet new people, and travel as much as you can. It's not work it's fun to me, pure fun.

No comments: