Saturday, April 11, 2009

Passion, Courage & Moments describe Priscilla Levac's relationship with snowboarding

photo: Crispin Cannon Photo: Crispin Cannon





Hometown? WHISTLER. BC
Describe your relationship with snowboarding using just 3 words PASSION-COURAGE-MOMENTS
What initial steps did you take to make snowboarding your career? I RODE EVERY SINGLE DAY. I WAS GOOD AT DREAMING ABOUT EVERYTHING I WANTED TO HAPPEN, AND I STARTED ENTERING LOCAL CONTESTS, I EVENTUALLY WON A BUNCH..
You founded Cilla female base layer company. Can you explain the ethos behind the products? I WAS TIRED OF THE BORING FIRST LAYERS OUT THERE SO THREE YEARS AGO (WHEN I BROKE MY LEG) I DECIDED TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE OF MY DREAMS COME TRUE. CILLA IS A FASHIONABLE AND FUNCTIONAL FIRST LAYER COMPANY FOR GIRLS. IT OFFERS A VARIETY OF TOPS AND BOTTOMS TO KEEP US WARM AND LOOKING GREAT ON THE HILL. SOME OF THE TOPS ALSO HAS A WATER REPELLENT BAND AT THE BOTTOM WHICH STICKS OUT OF OUR JACKET AND LOOKS FUN WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH WET AND FROZEN BUMS. NOW CILLA TURNED OUT TO BE MORE THAN FIRST LAYERS, SOME WEAR IT TO YOGA, AT THE GYM, AS STREET WEAR, AND EVEN TO THE BAR! I LITERALLY LIVE IN THEM MYSELF! IT IS SO COMFORTABLE THAT TO ME WEARING JEANS IS A TORTURE NOW! Check out http://www.cilla.ca/ for more details
What are you favourite riding tracks to listen to? I LISTEN TO "DEER TICK" ALLLLL THE TIME RIGHT NOW.
You have been riding for a while now. What progression in female snowboarding have you experienced up to the present day? THERE'S A LOT MORE STYLE AND CONTROL, I GET REALLY IMPRESSED BY THE GIRLS NOW.
What's the best advice someone has ever given to you? NEVER RESIST WHAT IS, TO POINT MY BOAT DOWNSTREAM IN ANY GIVEN SITUATION AND GO WITH THE FLOW.
Today Priscilla Levac is feeling...? TRULY HAPPY.
Bonus BSA question: Where would you like to see yourself 10 years from now? LIVING IN THE PRESENT MOMENT, BE BALANCED, AND TRULY HAPPY. I ALSO WANT TO TEACH 'RAW FOOD', I BELIEVE RAW FOOD CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

No comments: