SALT LAKE CITY, UT
2. Here at BSA (British Snow Addictions) we feel that most pro riders are addicted to snowboarding. What are your thoughts on this?
YEAH FOR SURE I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE FOR THE MOST PART... I THINK SOME PEOPLE GET BURNED OUT AND ARE JUST DOING IT CAUSE THEY CAN BUT FOR THE MOST PART I THINK YOU HAVE TO LOVE AND BE OBSESSED WITH IT TO DO IT HOW WE DO YOU KNOW..... IT ISNT JUST ALL FUN THERE ARE DEFENITLY SOME STRESSFUL PARTS ABOUT IT.... LIKE WAKING UP 5 AM, SLEDDING OUT TO THE SPOT, FINDING THINGS TO DO, BUILD IT, HITTING A JUMP AND RAGDOLLING OVER AND OVER AND NEVER THE TRICK YOUR TRYING. BUT WHEN YOU DO IT IS THE SWEETEST FEELING EVER.
3. Describe how you deal with injuries, and the subsequent inability to do what you love...snowboarding
UMM... I TRY TO NOT GET TOO DOWN ON IT BUT ACCEPT IT WHEN IT HAPPENS. IT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN AT TIMES. SO I JUST TAKE IT AND TRY TO GET BACK AND HEALTHY AS QUICK AS I CAN
4. Use 3 words to describe your last snowboarding trip
MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
5. What aspects of being in the legendary Forum team do you enjoy the most?
JUST BEING A PART OF A TEAM THAT HAS SUCH A BIG NAME AND PAST AND KNOWING THAT YOU ARE IN THAT SPOT TO TRY TO KEEP IT THAT WAY IS PRETTY AWESOME
6. What are you plans for the near future?
HONESTLY, TO JUST KEEP SNOWBOARDING, AND HAVING FUN AND TRYING TO PROGRESS AS MUCH AS I CAN..
7. Where do you think the sport, lifestyle and industry of snowboarding will be in the distant future (ie. 10 years from now)?
WAY MORE CONTESTS, AND WAY LESS VIDEOS.... AND CRAZY TRICKS
8. What, in your opinion, will make the snowboarding world a better place?
I THINK IT FOR THE MOST PART IS A PRETTY GOOD PLACE..... BUT MAYBE IF PEOPLE JUST DIDNT CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING AND WONDERING WHAT IS COOL AND WHAT IS NOT, BUT JUST TO DO WHAT THEY LIKE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK
9. Who are your sponsors?
10. Today Jake Welch is feeling....LAZY.... JUST DROVE 11 HOURS AND AND GOT HOME AT 230 AM.
BSA thanks Jake for taking the time to answer these questions